No Escape (1994)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

No Escape (1994)

Postby Gem]n[ on Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:02 pm

a.k.a Escape From Absolom

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110678/

PLOT:
Robbins is sent to prison for the assassination of his general officer, a prison you only get out of when you die. Since nobody ever gets out of the prison, nobody knows how the prison is like. The prison manager has realized this and bought himself an island (playground) called "Absolom" where the worst prisoners are let lose to create an isolated barbaric society where the strongest men rule - a living hell. This is where Robbins is dropped off after he almost kills the prison manager.

USER COMMENTS:
When I first sat down, to see this movie, I wasn't expecting much; In fact, I was preparing myself mentally for a total flop... but it really took me by surprise. It's actually quite interesting, and has some good action sequences. The plot is pretty interesting, and moves along very nicely, quickly moving on, constantly developing. The acting was convincing enough, there wasn't really any scenes that were terrible, even though a lot of the scenes and lines were very corny; it fit perfectly in with the movie, and as such wasn't out of place. It's pretty much a B-movie, but if you like(or just enjoy mildly) B-movies, you'll probably be at least reasonably entertained by it. It's reminiscent of movies like Fortress, but just a little better in that it's very unpredictable; no matter what you think is gonna happen, you'll be surprised again and again by what happens. It's pretty interesting all the way through, it has some good, 80's style action, corny B-movie lines, a B-movie feel throughout the movie... so, if you can watch it for free, either borrow it from a friend, or watch it on TV... if not, only watch it if you're into movies like Fortress. 6/10

VERIFIED ... good quality ... WideScreen ... Source: DVD ...

VIDEO (GSPOT):
Codec : DivX 3 Low Motion
Bitrate : 723 kbs
Size : 578x320
FPS : 25.00
NVOP : No
BVOP : No
QPEL: No

SOUND (GSPOT):
Codec : MP3
Bitrate : 115 kbs
Fs : 48000Hz