Replicant (2001)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Replicant (2001)

Postby Gem]n[ on Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:07 pm

Replicant (2001)

IMDB:
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0238552/

PLOT:
Jake Riley is working on the "Torch" case, a psycho serial killer, who kills women with kids and sets them on fire after they are dead. The killer calls Riley sometimes and now, that Riley retires, the killer has no person to play against anymore. The NSA comes into play here and offers a job to Riley. A replicant, or better a clone of the killer should help him find the real one, as kind of test if it works out. Now Riley is back on track, with a clone of the killer at his hand on the way to discover that nobody is born as murderer.

USER COMMENTS:
I don't usually rent direct-to-video movies, but I like Van Damme and I almost always enjoy his work. This is pretty much a predictable story with plot-holes-a-plenty, but you just have to go along for the ride. Michael Rooker is another cool actor, and he's great as the no-nonsense police detective who will stop at nothing to nab this serial killer. The visual style is far from outstanding--especially for a Hong Kong director--but the action sequences are well-choreographed and lots of fun to watch. There's just a certain enjoyment you get out of watching two guys--of the same identity--beat the crap out of each other. The only thing I could've asked for was a taste of Van Damme's dry sense of humor. That's another joy of watching his films. Just like Arnold Schwarzenegger (though Arnie's much funnier) he usually has something humorous to say after he knocks someone out. But since he was either playing a serial killer or his clone (for which he has very few lines) that didn't seem appropriate. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the film and for one that went straight to video, I have to say it's amazingly above average. This may sound corny, but I had a Damme good time!

VERIFIED ... reasonable quality ... WideScreen ... Source: DVD ...

VIDEO (GSPOT):
Codec : DivX 3.0 Low Motion
Bitrate : 886 kbs
Size : 576x320
FPS : 25.00
NVOP : No
BVOP : No
QPEL: No

SOUND (GSPOT):
Codec : MP3
Bitrate : 128 kbs
Fs : 48000Hz

ED2K Link:
ed2k: Replicant.(2001).avi  [700.96 Mb] [Stats]

SUBTITLES:
None

This is the only decent version available at the moment ... but beware there's another version out there also widescreen but has the black bars top and bottom ... it isn't cropped ...

Cheers,

Gem

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Lower Quality section