All Summer in a Day (1982)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

All Summer in a Day (1982)

Postby zaphod777 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:58 am

This is a short I saw many years ago,. Took me forever to figure out what it was called. Searched the forum and couldnt find it so, if its already been posted, sorry.

Dont have any screen shots(again sorry) but it is verified.

I purposely left the last line of the description off, it gives away a bit to much of the plot for a short. I strongly advise not to read the IMDB link before seeing it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0195517/

Description
On the planet Venus, it rains almost constantly. A classroom full of young children are excited to hear that the rain will stop today, for just fifteen minutes. But they are also resentful of a new classmate from Earth, who remembers what it's like to see the sun.

All%20Summer%20in%20a%20Day-1982-Ray%20Bradbury-VHSRip.avi

One last thing, this is my fiirst movie post, not sure if I've done it correctly.

Enjoy!!
zaphod777
Skutter

Postby Truba on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:39 pm

wooooow
i ve read this story before maybe 10 years in some old SF magazine

it was nice... i hope the movie would be good as the story is
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby digitalgodd on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:05 pm

I saw this as a filmstrip in elementary school in mid 80's
digitalgodd
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Truba on Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:32 am

:mrgreen: your are older than me... i started with school back in 1987 :roll:

the rip quality is good...
ill see this soon and i will tell my impresions
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby zaphod777 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Bradbury, several of his stories are set in small towns, not unlike the one I grew up in here in Illinois(his home state).

Its a little blocky here and there, when blown up to tv size, but, very watchable.

I graduated highschool in 85... I guess that makes me older than dirt. :mrgreen:
zaphod777
Skutter

Postby Truba on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:54 am

i graduated 10 years after you :mrgreen:

the movie is great... it has some kind of totalitarian feeling :oops: meee like that
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby hrgiger on Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:21 am

I too saw this in elementary school but as a 16mm film. For many years it haunted me - a vague memory of a film in which it was always dark and raining and one day the sun came out but later went away again. A few months back I finally thought about it again and googled what I could remember. Literally within 5 min. I was watching a clip on youtube. And 3 days later it showed up on bitorrent. Ah, technology...

Great post.

hrgiger
hrgiger
Skutter

Return to Lower Quality section