Brazil (1985)

Verified - Rare sci-fi movies from TV, VHS, LaserDisc, or lower quality source. Also a place for lower quality rips.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Brazil (1985)

Postby Dark Pope on Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:41 pm

Brazil (1985)

This shiny lil' diamond wich is written and directed by Terry Gilliam, is one of my personal favorites. And I found a nice 900 MB rip for a movie that lasts almost 2,5 hours!

Info:
Video Codec: DivX 3 Low-Motion
Runtime: 2:23:18 Hrs
Video: 714 kbps
Audio: 160 kb/s (80/ch, stereo) CBR, Fs 48000 Hz, MP3
Aspect Ratio: 512x256
Frame Size: 2.00:1
Framerate: 23.976 fps

Brazil at IMDb

Tagline: Suspicion breeds confidence.

Plot:
In an Orwellian vision of the future, the populace are completely controlled by the state, but technology remains almost as it was in the 1970's. Sam Lowry is a civil servant who one day spots a mistake in one of the pieces of paperwork passing through his office. The mistake leads to the arrest of an entirely innocent man, and although Lowry attempts to correct the error, it just gets bigger and bigger, sucking him in with it.

Link: Brazil.-.Terry.Gilliam.1985.(en-uk).avi
Last edited by Dark Pope on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have such sights to show you.
Dark Pope
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:12 pm

Gonna have to move this to lower quality, huge filesize, over 2 hrs to 900mb, video bitrate is low for such a visually stunning movie too.

This is a personal favourite of mine, absolutely love this movie to bits. I think it needs a decent 2 cd to do it justice. I'll track down a proper and post that... I know there's been a rip from the excellent quality criterion collection DVD (I bought that and worship it :mrgreen: ) :)

edit:
okay I posted a more manageable release:
viewtopic.php?p=4949#4949
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Return to Lower Quality section