Request for feedback

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Request for feedback

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 am

next time you want to search, can you have a little try of the frontpage search (just go to the frontpage and enter details into the box)?

Feedback welcomed.

(www.dead-donkey.com for those that have never been there)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:47 am

Workes great... I can search the horror and the scifi.. when searching for one in both... say ALIEN.. it splits the results nice and neat...

Didn't try the tv/games/news searches.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby tweye on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:42 am

great idea!!
one problem: if i search for "bronx" from the front page, it only comes out with:
"Endgame - Bronx Lotta Finale (1983) (sci-fi) (VHSrip)" in HHAH forum.
when i do the HHAH forum search i come with more results, e.g. the "Bronx Warriors 1 and 2" thread.
:beerchug:

EDIT: doh! that bronx warriors thread is in Movie requests, and the others are not in movies threads. that's why they dont show up.

alright, so all ok from here :lol:
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:17 am

Didn't try the tv/games/news searches.

They aren't implemented yet, nor is restrict by year, etc. just the basic search.

As for the search, yes it is only release sections. i figured frontpage users don't care if people have requested or have been chatting about it so much, just the releases.

It actually only searching forum topic titles since phpbb searching is rather complicated, it uses word tables and god only knows what to get matches, here its a lot simplar to go by topic titles without searching through huge fields of text.
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/news/index.php?id=53
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Return to Site Help & Development