OST Blade Runner - Esper Edition (and other Bootlegs)

A forum for releases that don't fit into to any other category. Post your sci-fi ebooks, soundtracks or any of sci-fi related links here!

Moderator: Misc Mods

OST Blade Runner - Esper Edition (and other Bootlegs)

Postby esper on Sun May 02, 2004 2:57 pm

At time the best soundtrack-bootleg from Blade Runner:

encoded in mp3, vbr
with covers

Tracklist:

Disc One
01. Prologue And Main Titles 3:54
02. Leon's Voight Kampff Test 1:09
03. Sushi Bar - Damask Rose 2:46
04. Spinner Ascent 1:21
05. Blush Response 5:43
06. Wait For Me 5:12
07. Deckard Meets Rachael 1:36
08. Rachael's Song 4:20
09. Tales Of The Future 4:53
10. Bicycle Riders 2:10
11. Chew's Eye Lab 1:15
12. Memories Of Green 5:35
13. Blade Runner Blues 10:01
14. Pris Meets J.F. Sebastian 1:47
15. One More Kiss‚ Dear 4:04

Disc Two
01. Deckard Dream 1:10
02. Thinking Of Rachael 1:18
03. Esper Analysis 2:34
04. Animoid Row 2:34
05. Taffey Lewis Night Club 2:02
06. Salome's Dance 1:23
07. Zhora's Retirement 1:42
08. I am The Business 2:29
09. Love Theme 4:58
10. I Dreamt Music 4:32
11. Morning At The Bradbury 3:46
12. The Prodigal Son Brings Death 4:07
13. Deckard Enters The Bradbury 3:37
14. Dangerous Days 0:57
15. Wounded Animals 10:53
16. Tears In Rain 2:51
17. Rachael Sleeps 2:08
18. End Titles 4:06

Original Music Composed and Performed by Vangelis
"Harps Of The Ancient Temples" written and performed by Gail Laughton
Vocals on tracks 3‚9 (disc 1) and track 5 (disc II) by Demis Roussos
Vocals on "Rachael's Song" by Mary Hopkin
Saxophone on tracks 2 and 9 (disc II) by Dick Morrisey
Lyrics and vocals on "One More Kiss‚ Dear" by Don Percival

Limited edition release and is not licensed for public sale

"This is it. Don't look any further. Had I known this release was on its way‚ I would have found it difficult to give many of the other Blade Runner bootlegs the maximum rating in the past. This "Esper Productions" double cd private release is‚ to date‚ the most comprehensive and accurate Blade Runner version to see the light of day. Where every other BR bootleg falters‚ this version is resilient. I believe it's as close as we've ever come to the "Ultimate Blade Runner Soundtrack" so far. With so many Blade Runner boots out there‚ many reading this review might be asking‚ "so what's the big deal?" I'll give it a shot:

Basically‚ this release parts on a similar premise of the 2000 OWM release (i.e. a double disc release trying to take music from every BR source) but takes this idea much farther with never-before-heard music and excellent production quality. For the first time‚ this release has virtually ALL of the music from the film (Directors Cut and 1982 theatrical release). Highlights of new goodies on these discs:

* Most noteworthy‚ this release debuts "Thinking of Rachael" - the shorter and different take of the Love Theme‚ (heard only in the 1982 theatrical release where Deckard dozes off on his piano). A first on any release.

* For the first time‚ the incidental music heard when Deckard wakes Rachael‚ just before their escape at the end of the film is present on the track titled "Rachael Sleeps."

* At long last‚ (as in the film itself) the eerie electronic rumblings leading into the "Love Theme" is expanded and presented in its complete form‚ titled "I am the Business." (The recent Deck Music and Deck Art releases decide to "chop up" this sequence into several parts for no apparent reason).

* Incidental music from the Esper photo examination film sequence is present on the track titled "Esper Analysis."

* The "Prologue and Main Titles" track contains the original "LA‚ November 2019" sound effect cue leading into the Main Titles‚ as heard in the film itself. (The Deck Music and Deck Art releases layered a spinner effect over it)

* The track titled "Deckard Enters the Bradbury" also has expanded music‚ not heard on any BR release.

* For the first time‚ the complete "Tears in Rain" dialog is presented here (i.e. "time to die" omitted from other versions)

* Lastly‚ this release contains interesting new mixes and transitions‚ (i.e. the fusion featured on the track titled "Sushi Bar- Damask Rose")

As gathered from reading many BR reviews in the past‚ some fans might find the brief dialog sequences distracting‚ preferring the musical purity principle of the "Gongo" or "BR 2001" releases. Nonetheless‚ it's clear that this Esper Productions release is extremely true to the film's atmospheric offerings while presenting all of the major themes in a very coherent and original manner. For this‚ and it's many new additions I find this "Esper Edition" BR release as close to perfection as it gets. Truly‚ a must have."

All Quotes are taken from:
h**p://perso.club-internet.fr/stephane.vidali/

And here is the link:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Esper.Edition.by.krok.rar  [206.07 Mb] [Stats]

enjoy it
esper

PS: There is another file (eac ape cue), but I haven't verify it.

edit: now I've verify this file -> best quality rip:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Esper.Edition.(EAC.APE.CUE).by.Krok.rar  [497.83 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Last edited by esper on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
esper
42?

Postby John_Doe on Mon May 03, 2004 4:35 am

thnx.
I gotta wonder though, where is it these guys get ahold of all this material? Someone raided Vangelis's house?
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Polityk on Sun May 09, 2004 12:19 am

Thanks, nice one!
"When I was a kid we fuckin' respected our parents, we didn't fuckin' eat them!"
Polityk
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby deadlok on Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:59 pm

Thanks= for this
Nothing is true.Everyting is permitted
deadlok
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby John_Doe on Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:15 am

Yeah, this was a very nice bootleg! I've only heard one other bootleg before (in addition to the official) and that wasn't very interesting IMO. But this one was great. All the tunes were there, and most in enhanced, longer and better versions. really enjoyed it. =)

Still I got to ask again: Where do these guys get ahold of all these bootlegs? There's what, 6 different versions of this soundtrack now?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby GoblinToe on Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:54 am

Oh wow, super nice release!!

Thank you very much!
GoblinToe
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby esper on Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:52 am

yes, its the best bootleg I've heard.

Another "Blade Runner" - Bootlegs:

My RELEASE:

Off-World-Bootleg:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Soundtrack.(Off-World.-.Gongo.-.Bootleg).by.esper.rar  [74.09 Mb] [Stats]
If anyone have this Off-World-Bootleg, please release it in 'EAC APE CUE'-Quality! My rar-archive is a mp3-copy from an older website and also contains the 'only-gongo-track' and a special 'love-theme-track); now inactive -> the quality is okay, but it can be better)

Other FOUNDs:

Gongo-Bootleg:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Gongo.Bootleg.by.krok.rar  [129.76 Mb] [Stats]

Los Angeles November 2019:
mp3:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Los.Angeles.-.November.2019.by.krok.rar  [139.18 Mb] [Stats]

EAC APE CUE (best quality rip):
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Los.Angeles.November.2019.(EAC.APE.CUE).by.Krok.rar  [290.70 Mb] [Stats]

Esper-Edition:
EAC APE CUE (best quality rip)
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Esper.Edition.(EAC.APE.CUE).by.Krok.rar  [497.83 Mb] [Stats]

Then I found another Bootleg (this is a Highbrid of Off-World and Gongo-Bootleg = 1. CD / and a very rare one-track of "Blade Runner Suite" =2. CD):
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Bootleg.&.BR-Suite.(extremely.rare).rar  [139.81 Mb] [Stats]

Have a nice day

cu
esper

edit:
There are better Covers to the esper-edition and Los Angeles-edition at this homepage: http://www.synsys.co.uk/bresper/

[ Add all 6 links to your ed2k client ]
esper
42?

Postby esper on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:16 pm

Hello,

I've found another top bootleg-release of Blade Runner:

Deck Art 765 - Edition

Type: Bootleg
Label: DECK ART - 765‚ Japan
Support: Manufactured CD
Limited To: 500

Tracklist:
27 Tracks.
No tracklist‚ only these informations:
BLADE RUNNER suite composed and performed by VANGELIS
Except Tracks :
1‚ 26 by John Williams
10 by Gail Laughton
27 by Robert Randles

Informations:
Original music composed and performed by VANGELIS
Dedicated to the memory of Philip K. Dick (1928-1982)
ONLY FOR ARCHIVE." Imagine you're on the set of the movie as it was being filmed. Imagine the atmosphere of constant rain... Imagine the spinners flying past and the blimps floating overhead broadcasting off-world announcements... the garbage trucks going about their daily business... the bicycle riders sweeping past you.
Imagine the soundtrack and incidental music cues just as they happened in the film... And then imagine there are no actors. No dialog. Nothing... Just you and the sound of Blade Runner. That's what this release is. "" This item is an extremely scarce Japanese Special Edition "BLADE RUNNER" CD soundtrack by VANGELIS - Made in Tokyo‚ Japan. - under licence of DECK ART Music. Limited to only 500 pressings.
This is a metallic factory "silver pressed" CD‚ the inlays are also factory printed. Cover inserts bare superb unique images‚ very different and quite dramatic compared to the USA CD issue. Japanese text appears on the inserts & CD itself‚ with little english text to be found.
There are a total of 27 tracks‚ labeled as Blade Runner suite. The disc's total running time is 72:20.
The disc is a picture CD with the famous Tyrell pyramid building from the movie and the unicorn symbol. The front insert has in it a separate insert with images of Deckard‚ the City skyscapes & beautiful Vangelis picture and more japanese text related to Blade Runner! The reverse cover of the front insert has other screenshots from the movie plus two great pictures of Philip K Dick‚ the writer of the famous "Do the Androids..." SF novel and of the director of the movie Oscar winning Ridley Scott. CD tray on which the disc rests is transparent & shows the same Tyrell pyramid building from another perspective.
The mastering and sound quality of this release is absolutely superb‚ even better than the regular USA issue!! Crystal clear sound! Contains all the music of film‚ chronologically ordered‚ plus some very special bonus tracks like "I Dream't Music" piece in the Love Theme - the legendary "Alternate Love Theme" and the unreleased trailer by Robert Randles. The most interesting new discovery for Blade Runner fans is an alternate music track by John Williams on the movie scene "Tears in Rain"‚ never available on any previous editions and composed at the time when Vangelis' involvement in this score was not sure!
The CD is "Dedicated to the memory of Philip K Dick". CD also contains other music that is not to be found on the USA‚ Off World‚ nor the Gongo Romanian issue. "

Comments:
Zitat:
"To be honest‚ this release is virtually identical to its predecessor‚ Deck Music (a.k.a Memoires 7). In this regard‚ it's certainly a wonderful melange of music‚ sounds‚ textures and atmosphere from the film Blade Runner. This release is a supposed re-mastered version of the Deck Music release. I have listened closely with headphones and there is a slight improvement in terms of sound over the Deck Music release‚ although the difference is minimal‚ at best. This new release also has a few extras not present on its predecessor: The full version of the "alternate Love Theme" from the Blade Runner work print (as heard on Themes II). However‚ more interestingly‚ it has the alternate John Williams temp music for Batty's Tears in Rain monologue. The last track is and audio version of the film's trailer.

The downside? Well‚ any Vangelis fan‚ especially Blade Runner fans will adore this release. It is very original. However‚ it's really a shame that major themes from the film such as "Memories of Green" or "Blade Runner Blues" are heard as their shortened‚ on-screen versions. What is really baffling about the release‚ however‚ is the producers strange choice of including the (irritating) version of the Japanese "Ogi No Mato" almost in its entirety (hardly present in the film) and then only ONE verse of the "Love Theme!" Oddly enough‚ the Warner-release themes are all absent except for one minute of "Rachael's Song." It's a pity‚ because "Wait for Me" and "Blush Response" could have also worked well here. Lastly‚ I've read the comments about the music and sound cues being chronological‚ in terms of the movie. This is not entirely true. For example‚ Deckard-Rachael incidental music is mixed with Deckard-entering-Bradbury music. Moreover‚ the eerie music that lasts from when Rachael and Deckard are at home having a drink(after retiring Leon) leading to the "Love Theme" is all chopped up over several tracks. A pity. Of course‚ it must be admitted that this disk also has A LOT of music not present on any other release (Except Deck Music).Again‚ the OWM 2000 double cd tries to bring together music from virtually every Blade Runner bootleg in existence. It does an admirable job‚ but could have better editing and include more sound effects from the movie. In any case‚ if you have the Deck Music‚ release you may find this Deck Art repetitive. Nonetheless‚ this is still one hell of a cd."

Sebastian

Zitat:
"If you're here I'm sure you think you can remember "Blade Runner" perfectly from start to end... Can you? OK‚ here is your chance. Put this CD on with your phones‚ close your eyes and there you are ! Los Angeles‚ November 2019: Take a walk along the animoid row‚ take a drink in Taffy Lewis bar‚ and my favourite: recite the final Roy's monologue while you hear "Tears in Rain" (I'm sure anyone who owns this release has done!) Yes‚ it's all here‚ all the ambient of the film with a sound quality that will make you beg for more. The sound effects of the film are as important as the music. D ownsides? A few: .When I'm trying to follow the sequence of events in the film while listening to the suite‚ it's a bit confusing to hear Roy killing Tyrel before the Love Theme.. And it's even more confusing to hear Rachel playing piano with the love theme and then again with the alternate version (And once again as a bonus track‚ when the suite is over). And this is it‚ really. The rest are virtues and only virtues. Any Blade Runner fanatic will love it. Any Vangelis fan will love it. And anynoe who can't wait until 2019 to have a light-umbrella‚ like me‚ will love it. A MUST."

Jaime - Spain

Link:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.Deck.Art.765.Edition.rar  [144.92 Mb] [Stats]

cu
esper
esper
42?

Postby Blade Runner on Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:38 pm

I'll have a nifter, I think ther esper version goes on far too long i normally end up turning it off due to boredom
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby John_Doe on Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:49 pm

great. will check it out! =)
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby esper on Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:17 pm

And now there is a new Bootleg :D

OWM 2000 - Definitive Edition
Type : Bootleg
Label : OWM 2000
Support : CDR with Sticker
Limited To : 100

Tracklist:
Disc One
01. Opening 3:32
02. The First Test 1:29
03. Los Angeles‚ November 2019 1:39
04. Deckard Meets Rachel 1:40
05. Rachel's Song 4:34
06. Blush Response 4:58
06. Bicycle Riders 2:14
07. Memories Of Green 5:05
08. Blade Runner Blues 10:22
09. Deckard's Dream 1:15
10. Investigate 0:43
11. Flying Kabuki 2:49
12. On The trail Of Nexus 6 5:30
13. The Market 1:47
14. Turkish 2:36
15. Blade Runner Blues (reprise) 8:56
16. Quietness At Home 4:07
17. I Dreamt Of Music 4:42

Disc Two
01. Deckard And Rachel 1:22
02. Damask Rose 2:34
03. Love Theme 4:57
04. One More Kiss‚ Dear 3:57
05. Wait For Me 5:29
06. The Prodigal Son Brings Death 4:28
07. Dangerous Days 1:05
08. Wounded Animals 11:02
09. Farewell 2:44
10. End Titles 7:25
Bonus Tracks
11. Main Titles 3:42
12. Blush Response 1:40
13. Tales of The Future 4:41
14. Tears In Rain 2:48
15. End Titles 4:37
16. If I Didn't Care 3:06

Informations:
Original Music Composed and Performed by Vangelis
Except tracks 4 on disc one by Gail Laughton‚ vocals on track 13 disc one and 13 disc two by Demis Roussos
First 10 copies include one bonus CD
Limited edition release and is not licensed for public sale. Made in EEC

Comments:
"This OWM release is self-titled the definitive Blade Runner score. The double cd brings together bits and pieces off the (official) Warner‚ Gongo‚ Memoires 5‚ and Special Edition (Deck Music) releases. Taking from such an impressive array of Blade Runner sources‚ it's no doubt that there is an incredible wealth of music on the release. For the most part‚ the disc avoids all dialog and sound effects from the Warner and Deck Music releases respectively. Along these lines‚ it emulates the "music purity" principle of the Gongo release.
The alteration of track order/ unnecessary editing is my biggest complaint regarding this release. One example of this is with the Warner release's gentle blending of "Blush Response" with "Wait for Me." In contrast‚ this OWM release separates these songs‚ thus killing the beautiful production value of their union. (I imagine the rationale behind this move is to make the release more "unique") On the Deck Music disc‚ the incidental music that preludes the Love Theme is a perfect introduction to the song‚ and stays true to the movie scene. However‚ this OWM‚ cuts that song in pieces precisely when it shouldn't. (The entire "Love Theme" appears later on‚ but placed inappropriately). Lastly‚ while the release claims to be definitive‚ its omission of the alternate "Love Theme" is inexplicable. (Another missing track is the music heard when Deckard first enters the Bradbury.)
While there is no doubt that the OWM producers are huge Vangelis fans‚ I seriously doubt they are Blade Runner fans. A clue to this is the track they title "Deckard and Rachael." The music in question involves neither Deckard nor Rachael‚ and accompanies the scene with Batty‚ J.F Sebastian and Priss. If anything‚ the track should have been titled "Morning at the Bradbury."
In any case‚ the wealth of Blade Runner music on this OWM release makes up tremendously for any omissions and/or alterations. There is no doubt that this is the most complete Blade Runner soundtrack out there. However‚ despite its claim to be the "Definitive Edition" this album cannot eclipse the Deck Music release‚ since the latter has more incidental music and the alternate Love Theme. (For more information on the Deck Music release‚ see my review there)."

Sebastian

Link:
ed2k: Vangelis.-.Blade.Runner.-.OWM.2000.-.Definitive.Edition.(2.cds.complete).rar  [148.48 Mb] [Stats]

cu
esper
esper
42?

Postby Vigil on Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:56 pm

Christ, how many can there be? Is someone taking the piss or what? :wacky:
Vigil
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mw2merc on Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:41 pm

Looks like 23 to me:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/stephane. ... 2&letter=b

Blade Runner - Tyrell Bros. - Club Culture
Blade Runner - Nexus 6 Volume 2 - Nexus 6
Blade Runner - Nexus 6 Volume 1 - Nexus 6
Blade Runner - WSM 2000 - WSM
Blade Runner - Struzan Beta - Struzan Beta
Blade Runner - Struzan UK - Struzan UK
Blade Runner - Cliffhanger and Radio Plays - WD9403
Blade Runner - WestWood Edition - A2000 Skinjob Release
Blade Runner - Tapes version - 1982‚ No company or catalog number
Blade Runner - Special Edition - 1999 DECK MUSIC (Japan)
Blade Runner - OWM 2000 - OWM 2000
Blade Runner - Off World version - 1993 Off World Music
Blade Runner - Los Angeles - November 2019 - Esper Production
Blade Runner - Gongo version - 1995 Gongo Music
Blade Runner - FIC. version [Director's Cut without dialog] - 1990 FIC. Records
Blade Runner - Esper Edition - Esper Production
Blade Runner - Director's Cut version - Memoires vol 5 - 1997 FIC
Blade Runner - Deck Definitive Edition - DECK ART - 765‚ Japan
Blade Runner - Collector Box - Deck Definitive Edition - DECK ART - 765‚ Japan
Blade Runner - BG 589 Version - BG 589
Blade Runner - Asian World 98 Version - AsianWorlds 1998 - Philippines
Blade Runner - Asian World 96 Version - AsianWorlds 1996 - Philippines
Blade Runner - 20th Anniversary Edition - Off World Music
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby John_Doe on Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:45 am

but WHY THE HECK so many?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:04 am

most of them are too indulgent, i mixed one earlier, you know, like you do and made a better one

ed2k: Blade.Runner.OST.Extras.MP3.44,100.kHz;.Stereo;..320.Kbps.blade.runner.ace  [167.15 Mb] [Stats]

I'm a DJ 'n shit so it's probaly good :wink:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Gaff on Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:13 am

One more for the audience...

Vangelis - Blade Runner (Private Release) (1993)

ed2k: Vangelis%20-%20Blade%20Runner%20(Private%20Release)%20(1993)(192kbps)%20(by%20quark).rar  [64.76 Mb] [Stats]
Gaff
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Gaff on Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:38 am

Someone able to release the Deck Art 765 as EAC APE CUE?

High Quality scans of the cover and complete booklett for the Off-World Bootleg can be found here: http://www.mattwalsh.com/twiki/bin/view ... nerGallery
Gaff
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby esper on Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:29 pm

@Gaff
thanks for the new bootleg-ed2k-link and for the gallery-link.

about the eac ape cue: sorry, i havn't the original disc.

cu
esper
esper
42?

Postby John_Doe on Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:07 am

wow:

John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Postby lester6 on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:31 pm

Thanks to everyone for posting all the previous links.
Does anyone have links for the "Director's Cut version - Memoires vol 5 - 1997 FIC " and "WestWood Edition - A2000 Skinjob Release " releases? Those seem especially rare. Thanks!
lester6
Red Shirted Trekker

Next

Return to Misc / Other Releases