Publish Some Links with hebrew Subititles DVDR

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Publish Some Links with hebrew Subititles DVDR

Postby noob4ever on Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:04 pm

why you dont publish in the DVDR forum sets that contains Hebrew subs?
i passed on all of them and found only 2!!!
that's a shame!
and btw i will ask one question the movies do you make them i mean encode and share in the eMule? or you just publish the links?
noob4ever
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:12 am

Hello :)

Firstly releases are made by users of this site and of other emule sites, if you mean does dead-donkey make its own rips... no that would be illegal so this site does not publish, download or verify any links, the sites content is provided by its users. You need to talk directly with rippers about how they handle their own rips, and include subs. The DVDs come a huge wealth of countries, sites and even dvd editions, which means you need to research the dvd as to know what they can get their hands on.

unfortunately, Its very presumptious to assume the dvds even have hebrew subs, the vast majority of dvds don't have.

This leads to:
1. If hewbrew subs are not on the source, it becomes unlikely releases will have subs to be ripped. Speaking from experience owning, many, many dvds. Very few ever have subs on them in hewbrew. only very cheaply made "global distribution" discs have these. R1 DVDs will not (american), because R1 territories aren't generally hebrew speaking. Most releases here in the uk are made for the Western European, or just plain uk market. Very few DVDs I have have hewbrew subs on, only really famous films have them on and rips are two a penny.
2. In cases that have hewbrew subs on the source discs, they'll probably be just left on by the ripper unless they need the space (with the case of subtitles its extremely doubtful they'll be removed since the space saving is negligable. Remember, english sites generally cater to english audiences. The two dvds with the hebrew subs on will be very generic 'general' release discs. Companies like Universal do this because its cheaper to release one dvd and re-encode it for different regions.
3. Distribution rights for dvds across region 2 is in the hands of lots and lots of companies. What maybe Universal in one country maybe something else in another, which means dvd discs tend to differ.

Jewish releases are probably found on one of the major israeli sites, if that's what your after, however, with Western DVDs, hewbrew subs aren't all that common, and even more so in the states which is a different DVD region to europe :(
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:09 am

us discs rarely even have 3 sub streams. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby noob4ever on Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:04 pm

thx for all this information
just know that im not speaking hebrew only.
as you can see im english speaker as well and soon french as well...
but i prefer DVDs which contain hebrew subs as well because of my friend family and even me when its about movies with unknown words..
i can also add the dvds subtitles or change or cut something from him but it's taking very much... and to each dvd.. i dont know if i will have time...

now for the strtrek that i download here (section32) do you bring it?
noob4ever
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby spudthedestroyer on Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:51 pm

you can customise dvds, it takes a bit of work but you can put extra subs in if you can fine hebrew subs.

There's a guide here:
http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?gui ... t=6;34#815
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:52 pm

A mate of mine translates a lot of dvd's he gets into turkish for his family back home and he tells me the best way to do this is to simply get the english srt file (either create it with vobsub or somthing like it or download it)

Then all you have to do is translate the lines in the file. A LOT quicker than building the srt file yourself...
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Return to Site Help & Development