WOW. major site update!!

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Postby kurt on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:47 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:@dink, i think he means its the layered background, its too much for a crappy old box. Solaris only has one layer.

jep, too much for crappy old boxes and damn slow internet connections :)
kurt
Red Shirted Trekker

News News (cont...) New Movie Ed2k <---CRAP

Postby bobbystills on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:46 am

puttin all that shite in front of the orange planet solaris skin was a stupid idea, an so is that stuffed animal donkey. WTF! YR FUCKIN UP!!! how do I get rid of it? that crap should be optional
Some are born to sweet delight. Some are born to endless night.
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:15 pm

*merged*
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Re: News News (cont...) New Movie Ed2k <---CRAP

Postby d0c on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:06 pm

bobbystills wrote:puttin all that shite in front of the orange planet solaris skin was a stupid idea, an so is that stuffed animal donkey. WTF! YR FUCKIN UP!!! how do I get rid of it? that crap should be optional

i totally agree with you... it looks like shit and that stuffed animal donkey have nothing to do with this sci-fi site... and where the heck is my post count??????....
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:56 pm

For the record, threads go from beginning to end. All points have been addressed. Its not changing back, it either stays or the forums goes althogether. (or have a glitchy, unsecure forum where quotes don't even work... as was the state it was in ;) ). Its too much effort managing forums all running different versions of the same software. The logo has already been addressed too, its there until a more scifi one turns up (that's better, of course). Posts is something thats on in some themes and not in another, the feature isn't removed or hidden, its just whether the output is there or not. If you want it and its not on your theme switch, galaxian and whatisreal certainly have it, i suspect subsilver might too.

If your not happy with the theme, there is and always has been several alternatives to choose from to suite different taste. Default is Solaris. The header, however, is none negotiable apart from the colours and what can be changed about it.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:06 am

honestly, as long as the actual link is to DD and not the scifi home, I think the logo is fitting as is.

I'd still like to see the "goto page previous" at top and bottom of what is real. (right now, there's the fairly useless "view previous/next topic")
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:10 am

i'll do that in a minute then.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:38 am

like that?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:19 am

yeah. sweet. 8)
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby bobbystills on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:47 pm

hmmmm so it was part of the bb software update that cant be removed with out downgrading to a buggier version thats covering up the cool orange planet.... that sucks when they do that. but what about that corny stuffed animal donkey? couldnt we have a red/orange saturn with rings gif spinnin or something more scifish? stuffed animals suck asss!!! but what if it had @ least an old school star trek out fit on... an Vulcan ears maybe... instead of that corny desert camouflage look :lol:
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:08 am

well gist of it is that if its removed, then i've reverted back 2 versions of phpbb and spend hours of patching to get it to the latest version, then hours more for each revision and mod... which i'm not going to do, particularly since personally i prefer it this way anyway.

I also people are actually using it too judging by the click through hits, so at least its useful.

Short reason about the header: the header is a modification that was made @ forum.dead-donkey.com and its too much effort keeping two pieces of software up 2 date. When it was updated to the latest secure phpbb, quotes stopped working and there were loads of errors, so i just copied across forum.dead-donkey.com's code and it all started working again.

If you want a more site related logo, someone will have to make one and i'll upload it if its better.

As for the logo, personally i think that zombie donkey is perfectly suited to dead-donkey.com and the forum.dd.com. It suits the rest of the site great, but obviously scifi people don't visit the rest of the site as much and i don't mind if people want a scifi logo. The problem is you or another member will have to make one if they want it ;)

Dunno about desert camouflage, looks like a dead donkey to me... you running in 8bit colour or something?

ps lots of people don't seem to realise but the themes are changed under profile
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:10 am

I can "see" the desert camouflage too. but that's only cuz it's been mentioned. it's obviously a beat to shit, dead donkey.
:lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:31 pm

is it the colours i take it?

what theme are people using btw?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:57 pm

Solaris

And I like the new box at the top.. it is good to have the links to news and stuff.. I do not see waht the problem is. I would much prefer that than have the site taken down.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:56 pm

not the first time i've pissed someone off by changing the site, hopefully, like the other times I've changed stuff like domain names and adding mods, it will grow on you. hopefully...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby bobbystills on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:59 am

vader donkey is cooler than desert camo donkey. thanx :D but trekkie donkey I still think would of taken the cake :moon:
-Blake
bobbystills
Owns a Genesis Device

Previous

Return to Site Help & Development