Battlestar Galactica spinoff? It's coming.

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Battlestar Galactica spinoff? It's coming.

Postby dinky on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:22 pm

tvguide.com wrote: Battlestar Spin-off Goes Frak in Time
Sci Fi Channel has announced its plans for Caprica, a Battlestar Galactica spin-off set 50 years prior to its original series. Battlestar's Ronald D. Moore and David Eick will executive-produce the new venture, and Remi Aubochon (24) is penning the script, Variety reports. Sci Fi is also developing a Chariots of the Gods miniseries based on Erich von Daniken's bestseller, and Destination Truth, a reality series investigating otherworldly mysteries.

I guess it would be following the cylon infiltration on caprica? cuz otherwise, all I'm seeing here is Melrose Place.
:lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:51 pm

lmao!

Why don't they just bring firefly back? Okay i don't like it, but i really don't see much point in doing that kind of spinoff... seems kinda, erm gay i guess.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:39 pm

more info from FH board:

[quote="pfmbsantos"][quote]NEW YORK�?
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Mon May 08, 2006 6:34 am

sadly, I'm gonna watch it anyway.

Same...

Still sounds pretty week to me. I am definatly in the "space ships shoot at things" style fan of sci fi.... though AI consepts are always good you have to really read proper authers to get anything near cleaver enough not to be total crap.

Yes, spud, yes... BRING BACK FIRFLY!!!
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 08, 2006 6:41 am

why not bring back aids while your at it? :wacky:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon May 08, 2006 6:52 pm

I would rather see a firefly mini-series. that would be cool. and for that matter, the caprica thing as a mini. thing is, they totally make these minis with the intention/hope of getting full, recurring series. and that just knocks the shit outta them, cuz they aren't telling a story anymore. they're riding the serial wave as far as they can.

I would have watched peace-keeper wars, but I missed so much in between, I didn't wanna fuxxor ever watching it. and I'm STILL waiting for B5 discs to go down. I'm fairly shocked that the x-files got a new (and far cheaper) release while farscape jumped straight to the piecemeal packages and B5 prices haven't budged. sorry, but no 15-24 episode season is worth $100. :lol:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue May 09, 2006 9:34 am

yeah don't jump straight to peace-keeper wars, you miss constant 3 seasons of build up :)

farscape dvds, i got for £29.99 a pop, and they are funky limited edition ones, not those digipack things like you'll have with the xfiles :)

B5 is only £17.99 a season here :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Tue May 09, 2006 3:22 pm

is that full retail or just street price? cuz the unusual thing here is that the street price and the retail price have never changed - they're the same.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 pm

street price as in the shops? yeah its how much it costs if you shop around. RRP for farscape is ~£79.99 - £100, and B5 = £50, no where sells B5 at a high price anymore though. Farscape went down then back up because everyone went on a mad buying frenzy :lol:

I just do a price search with something like:
http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/

:)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed May 10, 2006 12:34 am

yeah. I should mention that there are a few B5 sets for ~$59, but def. not s1. :(
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby polarbear on Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:35 pm

"Caprica will weave together corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga, the channel announced"

that's hilarious.

ahh yes...firefly and farscape, I enjoyed those. Battlestar beats them both but I'm worried about this dumb thing where they land on the new planet, I hope they'll leave the "social conflict" for the spin-off and get back on track with more shooting action in the main series.
polarbear
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal