Star Trek XI - more than a rummor!!!

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Star Trek XI - more than a rummor!!!

Postby Jynks on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:14 pm

TV.com wrote:J.J. Abrams talks about Star Trek XI
By Colin Mahan - TV.com
June 2, 2006 at 04:07:00 PM | more stories by this author

Enigmatic TV creator sheds light on his plans for the next installment in the space saga.
J.J. Abrams.

J.J. Abrams.

When Paramount decided J.J. Abrams would produce the next Star Trek film, it knew it had beamed up a fanboy's best friend.

Abrams' show Lost, which finished the season number 14 overall, has developed a devoted fan following. Called "Losties," they are reminiscent of Trek fans' "trekkers."

In this month's issue of British movie magazine Empire, Abrams talks about his plans for Star Trek and the pitfalls of taking on a beloved franchise.

"We've made a pact not to discuss any specifics," he tells Empire. "But Star Trek is something I grew up with and love. I feel there's still a great movie to be made, another proud chapter in the history of Star Trek. We've got a lot of exciting new ideas."

Abrams admits that he has been remiss of late in keeping up with the aging franchise.

"To be totally honest with you...I haven't even seen [the most recent Star Trek film], Nemesis," laughs Abrams. "I feel like the series disconnected for me at a certain period, and though I will have to watch and see everything that was done, I want to see what not to do as much as anything. But as someone who works on a show that has a very loyal and vocal fan base, I do understand the need to be respectful. I think we can do the fans proud."

Abrams says that original reports that said the storyline of Star Trek XI would involve early adventures of Kirk and Spock were wrong, but he adds, "Those characters are so spectacular. I just think that...you know, they could live again."

On May 6, the Abrams-directed Mission Impossible: III was released. The Tom Cruise action film has grossed over $120 million at the US box office so far.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby tweye on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

cool, even tho i'd preferred a takeover by Ronald Moore :jesus:

EDIT: stupid me, i thought we were talking about a rebirth of the tv series
"You are beyond insane!"
tweye
Owns a Genesis Record

Postby dinky on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:26 pm

I can't contain my enthusiasm.

:?

this is me not containing my enthusiasm.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 am

dinky wrote:I can't contain my enthusiasm.

:?

this is me not containing my enthusiasm.

I almost stood up from my chair, and by that, I mean I needed a drink, not that I was excited.

Yup, i'm not a star trek person. I'd rather a new IP personally, but who knows, it could be good. But erm, kirk and spock? meh...
:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Lux Delux on Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:42 am

Abrams could make Tom Cruise a borg in this future masterpiece :lol:
https://www.bad-good.org Bad movie reviews with clips, screenshots and sounds.
https://bad-good.org/phpBB2/index.php Bad movie forum
Lux Delux
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:25 am

kirk & spock pwn all over bloody prickard and wanker, and don't get me started on hagway and chakogay
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby Jynks on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:03 pm

sisco and archer dosn't even get a mention?
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby maxpayne2409 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:32 pm

they would but their combined levels of gayocity are just too much for scifi donkey to take, if i gave her anymore she'd blow
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal