Theme Issue

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Theme Issue

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 pm

Might have noticed there's been trouble finding a universally likable theme with a scifi/fantasy motif. Anyway i stumbled across this guys site who makes some neat looking themes:
http://demo.realdealstubblefield.com/

Use the dropdown and change style button. There's a couple there.

If anyone is a 3d or image whiz, planets and scifiy/landscapey images are welcome.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Bassline on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:14 pm

don't like em meself and unfortunately i can't do 3d image whiz kinda stuff :wacky:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:18 am

Testing a new one, i guess you can bitch about it in this thread :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby Jynks on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:54 am

wtf is the new theme?

Can you please reinstall the old solaris as well? I heaps prefer it.
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:23 am

Modified version of DigitalDementia_G
http://www.phpbb-design.com/templates/?letter=D
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby wargand on Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:30 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:Modified version of DigitalDementia_G
http://www.phpbb-design.com/templates/?letter=D

I don't like it at all. Now there are _only_ two shitty styles with black background availabale. Definitely a change to the worse.
wargand
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:12 pm

Well its 3 for 2, max and dink seem to think its okay, and i obviously prefer it else i wouldn't have installed it. I honestly prefer it, especially the new post images.

jynks you can change the theme in your profile.

Galaxian, whatisreal and subsilver all went unused barring one person who hasn't logged in in ages for galaxian and ditto for subsilver. They have therefore been removed. No using up bandwidth on duping files no one is using. Were you the one guy that was using subsilver? What is it that you don't like Wargand, just the 'stars'?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby wargand on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:05 pm

I suppose I was the one using subsilver. I don't mind the stars. I think the white on black contrast is a strain on the eyes. At least mine. Especially the gray font color is hardly readable on my work monitor. My private one is better, but still I have to strain my eyes more. With this theme it is quick in, click, quick out here. It it certainly no place to stay longer then absolutely necessary anymore.
wargand
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:07 pm

i like this theme apart from the headlines section, like i said in teh other thread, its a good pic but i dislike the black backgrounding of the text, i understand it has to be easy to read but is there no way of doing it without a font background?, nice theme tho

oh and we need some scifi icons
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:11 pm

wargand wrote:I suppose I was the one using subsilver. I don't mind the stars. I think the white on black contrast is a strain on the eyes. At least mine. Especially the gray font color is hardly readable on my work monitor. My private one is better, but still I have to strain my eyes more. With this theme it is quick in, click, quick out here. It it certainly no place to stay longer then absolutely necessary anymore.

I'll reinstall subsilver just for you then. If you get time, can you look for a better bright theme for phpbb or a css file you like. I hate subsilver :lol:

I guess its wise to have a disability theme, and since the front and hhhah has them.

i like this theme apart from the headlines section, like i said in teh other thread, its a good pic but i dislike the black backgrounding of the text, i understand it has to be easy to read but is there no way of doing it without a font background?, nice theme tho

I'm open to suggestions, I can brighten the foreground colour, but the only way to get rid of the black i see is to have a monochrome-style picture in the background. I was looking for a picture of the moon at first, but made the current thing from two pictures.

oh and we need some scifi icons

icons?

.... no one objects to loosing Galaxian and whatisreal? Those two themes seem a tad pointless to me.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby wargand on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:15 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I'll reinstall subsilver just for you then. If you get time, can you look for a better bright theme for phpbb or a css file you like. I hate subsilver :lol:

Thanks, but just discovered that it is not necessary. I just switchtched css off. Good enough for me. :-)
wargand
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:16 pm

icons, smiley thingys whatever you wanna call them, sometimes you just need to show you mean business with a gif of a person being exterminated by a dalek :lol:
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:20 pm

yeah, well what i do is if i hate a site's theme is use my own css file. Opera is a lot better at that but you can do the same in firefox using extensions.
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12459

http://www.dead-donkey.com/images/style2.css is subsilver.
Last edited by spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:21 pm

maxpayne2409 wrote:icons, smiley thingys whatever you wanna call them, sometimes you just need to show you mean business with a gif of a person being exterminated by a dalek :lol:

Post your favourites/suggestions here:
viewtopic.php?t=119
:)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby valja on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:29 pm

spudthedestroyer wrote:I'll reinstall subsilver just for you then. If you get time, can you look for a better bright theme for phpbb or a css file you like. I hate subsilver :lol:

Thanx for restoring subsilver, seems that I was also using it. Have to agree with wargand - I do not like dark backgrounds. As example, "FI OneFour OCPrices" (fileheaven) looks OK for me.
valja
Having trouble with tribbles

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:55 pm

Maybe its just me but fileheaven's almost drives to suicide its so boring :lol: I think I'm used to it, more than i like it :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:15 pm

no spuds it not just you, i hate the boring (yet i guess functional) whiteness of forums
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby wargand on Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:23 pm

Thanks for this little theme 'episode'. Though I am glad you reinstalled subSilver, it made my learn about a nice firefox extension: stylish. :D
wargand
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:13 am

maxpayne2409 wrote:no spuds it not just you, i hate the boring (yet i guess functional) whiteness of forums

I generally dislike dark backgrounds and think people should be shot for using them, especially with anything other than white text...and this site took a lot of getting used to. but sci-fi...space...at least it makes sense.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:25 am

well we think americans should be shot... end of :lol:, white backgrounds are stupid, with their stupid lightness factor, dark is so much more relaxing
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Next

Return to Site Help & Development