DUNE

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 pm

no, more as in Paul ended up being a bit of a prick and needed to be snuffed out. :lol:

Now at this point I've cheated to save me having to type shit in my current lazy state, and have instead simply plucked some quotes from wikipedia to present the problem; the films have failed in presenting the super heroes as big enough pricks... you shouldn't really be routing for them if the context and subject matter had been done properally. From Mr Dune himself:

Enormous problems arise when human mistakes are made on the grand scale available to a superhero... Heroes are painful, superheroes are a catastrophe. The mistakes of superheroes involve too many of us in disaster.

I had this theory that superheroes were disastrous for humans, that even if you postulated an infallible hero, the things this hero set in motion fell eventually into the hands of fallible mortals. What better way to destroy a civilization, society or a race than to set people into the wild oscillations which follow their turning over their critical judgment and decision-making faculties to a superhero?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dune_%28novel%29#Themes
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:21 pm

now who's being pretentious and changing the context of how other people use words? ;)

I'm kidding. yes. I see your point about the book, and I actually agree with the quotes. it makes for a very interesting read. although I'll prolly never read any of the dune books because there's something about an epic sci-fi series about giant worms that's just a complete turn-off. :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:31 am

just think about how awesome tremors was and where they stole that idea :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:35 pm

jaws? :wacky:
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:28 pm

yeah, that would be the answer if you were retarded :googley:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby ashrack on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:44 pm

MyK wrote:Well there aren't any bootleg versions on eMule (at least none that I can find with any complete sources) so that leaves you either that rip of the extended version you found link on this site (2 CD & 4:3 FS) or you could try with the wide screen 3 CD rip that might still have sources (that would be my choice cuz it has a bit higher video bitrate and AC3 6ch audio ;)):
ed2k: Dune.(1984).Extended.Edition.CD1.DVDRip.AC3.XviD-CaGe.avi  [700.22 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dune.(1984).Extended.Edition.CD2.DVDRip.AC3.XviD-CaGe.avi  [700.22 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Dune.(1984).Extended.Edition.CD3.DVDRip.AC3.XviD-CaGe.avi  [700.44 Mb] [Stats]

Since I was unable to find english subtitles that would match I created my own. I took the Extended Edition 2CD version subtitles and split them for this 3CD version.
If anyone wants them I can upload them

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
ashrack
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby Truba on Sun May 04, 2008 9:23 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/

what are you thinking?

can we have something like LotR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i hope so 8) 8) 8)
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Mon May 05, 2008 12:39 am

imdb wrote:Status: Announced
Comments: The project is now out to writers
Status Updated: 18 March 2008

translation: not bloody likely. having now read the books, I think this is a near impossible project. it's just a tough sell. as long as the LotR movies were, I think DUNE would have to be much longer or lose a lot more than tom fucking bambodil. but I'd love if they gave it another go.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Mon May 05, 2008 4:49 am

I'd go see it... would have to be a trillogy.... no way they can get to god emp... have to stop at the 3rd book... but yea... prob just the first book in 3 would be sweet
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Mon May 05, 2008 6:26 am

:lol: exactly. the FIRST book in three. :lol:

although I think the heart of the project is prolly found in MESSIAH and parts of CHILDREN. the other 3 books all pull their themes from that. first book is more mainstream/conservative in theme. but I'm hooked. I'll see whatever I can. I even picked up the lynch movie on HD-DVD, and dude: I hated the Lynch movie.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Truba on Mon May 05, 2008 8:54 am

I hope for 6 movies one day... and after that a lot of preqeuels :mrgreen: :mrgreen: machine crusade, jihad and so on 8)
Woe be unto him who opens one of the seven gateways to hell, because through that gateway evil will invade the world.
Truba
Owns a Genesis Device

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal