Flatland (2002)

Request a sci-fi series here.

Moderator: Misc Mods

Flatland (2002)

Postby wretch on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:50 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0292515/

Anyone ever even heard of this before?

It sounds very intriguing, but theres so little info available - I wonder if it ever got screened?

wretch
Skutter

Postby zaphod777 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:01 am

May not of happened, the website listed in the most recent article I could find doesnt exist. (http://www.flatlandmobile.com)

Hopper Cruises To Television Show
11 July 2001 (WENN)
Dennis Hopper is set to star in his first television series. Hopper will be starring in Flatland, a 22-episode American action drama filmed in Shanghai, China which has been described as being in the same genre as The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. With each episode costing about $1.75 million, Flatland is going to be the most expensive TV show ever made - despite not having a cable or broadcast home. "It would cost about $3 million an episode if we did it in the United States," says an employee on the series. Flatland executive producer Al Ruddy adds, "This is not a cheap, syndicated show by any means. This is a major production with major actors and major writers."

"Flatland is a high concept action series involving exotic locations, elaborate CGI and high definition technologies and will generate literally hundreds of the highest quality serial episodes for mobile platforms," said executive producers Al Ruddy and Andre Morgan. "Developing original entertainment content for broadband and mobile is the wave of the future."

"I am thrilled to bring Flatland to MIPCOM for the mobile video marketplace," said Russell Kagan. "For the last year I have been searching for a breakthrough video serial to debut on mobile phones. RMO is the leading quality independent company in all TV and film ventures, and now will be one of the first leaders in mobile and broadband video."
zaphod777
Skutter

Postby hoolemboy on Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:06 am

IMDB seems to indicate several episodes were made - but i guess thats no guarantee. Do they often have un-made tv series or movies still on their website 6 years later?

Oh, i'm wretch BTW but have started new account, the old one said it had expired or something?
hoolemboy
the Angry Klingon

Return to Series Requests