Back to the Future: Timespliced and split screened!

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Back to the Future: Timespliced and split screened!

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat May 24, 2008 9:29 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... the+future

Pretty cool. Back to the Future 2 was always innovative in the way it sent the main story against the original film. i stumbled across this video where the two intersecting segments at the dance are synced and overlapped in split screen.

Decent watch!
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun May 25, 2008 12:18 am

interesting watch. would have been a brilliant use of HD-DVD feature. not sure if BD has that capability in place or not. would love to see it in decent res.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Jynks on Sun May 25, 2008 1:04 am

dinky wrote:interesting watch. would have been a brilliant use of HD-DVD feature. not sure if BD has that capability in place or not. would love to see it in decent res.

you should be in marketing movie houses are desperately trying ot find a use for that feature!!! lol
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby dinky on Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 am

nah. the more I think about it, the more I think it needs to be done similar to the way it was in the link: one independent (prespliced) stream. I was originally thinking you could use the pop-up screen on the BACK TO THE FUTURE 2 disc, but for one thing, you'd still need to stop/start the main movie to synch it with the extra content of the first. I suppose they could create an alternate pcg and give you some kind of overlay option like in HOLY GRAIL or MATRIX dvds that would kick you out of the main feature: run the alternate content, then insert you into the main feature at a later point than you left.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm

dinky wrote:interesting watch. would have been a brilliant use of HD-DVD feature. not sure if BD has that capability in place or not. would love to see it in decent res.

it might be in the 3.0 spec, that no player can play... but i think they had problems with it (no surprise there)

I bought a load of hd-dvd stuff on the cheap, shame it died but not really something i'd call innovative... same goes for bluray.

I'll be pirating 1080p content until they come up with a better distribution mechanism or a technology worth buying.

Price of hd-dvd now is what it should have been at the start; justifies such a small step up in tech and features.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Sun May 25, 2008 3:36 pm

you clearly haven't made that 1080p projector purchase yet. :wacky:

watch a 5' image from 4'-5' away. it's absolutely amazing. you'll hook up an IV to your sofa, invest in a dozen urinals, and not leave your room for days.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Not yet, but I have a >1080p monitor.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Mon May 26, 2008 2:29 am

meh. I've not been impressed by hd content on a computer screen. the whole point of such high resolution is that it looks good blown up on your wall.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon May 26, 2008 6:40 pm

I'd disagree with that; the whole point is to squeeze more money out of stupid consumers, if you think anything else of these half-assed systems ask yourself questions like why NTSC still exists :googley:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal