Need help identifying obscure older scifi film

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Need help identifying obscure older scifi film

Postby cmart on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:49 pm

OK I'm looking for the name of a film I want to hunt down and see again. I don't remember any of the best details - title, year, actor names...

I do remember:

- It was an older film, at least as old as the early 70's, perhaps even the 50's.

- It was about a guy causing a great deal of trouble with his telekinetic powers. It was freaky/scary, not funny or ironic.

- At one spot in the film, to prove a point, the guy makes a plane crash with his mind.

- The telekinetic guy is injured and in the hospital towards the end and he's still making threats. One guy smashes his head in, and the EKG stops beeping, but then it starts up again (like the TK guy can't be killed - very freaky)

I really don't remember much else and can't find the movie via regular internet searching thus far. Any early sci-fi whizzes out there that this is ringing a bell with?

I'm crossing my fingers... Thanks for the help!
cmart
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby barry on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Sounds kinda like something I swa from back in the correct timeframe. Did he write "windscale" on a piece of paper in the hospital?
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby cmart on Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Whoa good call - that was enough info to yield the name of the movie:

The Medusa Touch
1973 - starring Richard Burton

psycho-thriller about a man tormented with revenge-related telekinesis, basically

I ordered the DVD off ebay for ten bucks

Thanks!
cmart
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby barry on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:29 pm

Verified as The Medusa Touch

ed2k: The.Medusa.Touch.(1978).DVDRip.DivX.5.0.2.Wrist.avi  [700.63 Mb] [Stats]
barry
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal