Zeno Clash (2009)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Zeno Clash (2009)

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Zeno Clash is an upcoming videogame developed by ACE Team, an independent game development studio located in Santiago, Chile. The game is an action / fighting adventure set in a punk fantasy world.
The story begins when Ghat (the protagonist of the game) is banished from his family. Ghat is one of Father-Mother’s dozens of children. Father-Mother is a hermaphrodite creature who is parent to a large clan that lives in the main city of the game's world. The reason for Ghat’s rebelliousness and expulsion is not clear.[2]
On January 2009 Zeno Clash has been nominated finalist in the Independent Games Festival yearly competition, in the category of Excellence in Visual Art. Zeno Clash is one of the 5 games to be selected for this award, from a total of 226 participating titles in 2009's IGF.[3]

After seeing it on upcoming games on steam, I went ahead and bought it (£11). Whilst I'm concerned about the first person fight em up, its got such creative, rich imagery that it looks like it could be an experience. Reminds me of the likes of Shadowman (loved the N64 version, all of them were great but the psx version), American McGee's Alice, etc. which are some of my favourite games. Although there's something of a Serious Sam about the videos. There is no multiplayer but there's an arena mode.

Purchase / Info link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22200/

Cross post from:
http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=19968
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal