Help me make a scifi movie

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Help me make a scifi movie

Postby makemymovie on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:22 am

Hi Sci-Fi fans,
I'm from New Zealand where there is a competition running right now to give money to anyone to make their own movie.
There were almost 800 entries and my team has just been selected to reach the top 12 finalists.

Our movie is the only scifi related film in the top 12 and we would really like your support to allow us to get this movie made.

Please go to here: http://www.makemymovie.co.nz/finalist/finalist-this-papier-mache-boulder-is-actually-really-heavy/ and 'like' it to vote.
Public voting makes up 20% of the final mark, and the rest is decided by a panel of judges.

The main concept of our film is that two friends find themselves teleported into the real world of a low budget sci fi movie.

We want to draw on the best sci fi films of the past, and if we get through to the next round, we will be back here to ask for any input you can provide.

On our team we have managed to get the help of some of the top skilled guys from Weta Digital (the guys behind LOTR, Avatar) so we really hope to make a film that the scifi community will get behind.

This is the synopsis of the film:

And God said unto Adam let there be life, now pass me that hot glue gun and sticky tape and I’ll fix the rest. And so the universe was made. At least this one. In this universe everything looks like its straight out of the BBC film archives. Where space ships could be made of cardboard and ray guns an old powertool with a light bulb on the end. The magical thing is that everything is real. Everything works.

Then there are two unwilling heroes, Andrew and Roland. One minute they were watching the opening credits to an old 70s sci fi movie complaining about the shocking special effects. Then zapp, they were suddenly transported into the very screen they were watching and into the movie itself. They have now somehow become the lead characters of the film and the only way back is to get to the end of the story.

This is a tall order for two wanna be rock and rollers who spend most of their time trying to act cool. This is the place where everyone wears strange costumes and have a name like Zagar or Froth. This is no place for them. They wanna be back on high street where they belong. Or do they.

To survive they must learn to be one of them. Unleash the geek within and become the super warriors they secretly always wanted to be. However they soon find themselves caught up in a struggle between the goodies and an evil tyrant. They save a princess and as they try and unload her somewhere safe they keep getting into trouble. By now they have managed to pick up more companions to help them in their quest. What quest. They never asked for this. Now it begins to be a true test of character. Do they fight against the evil dictatorship, do they even have a choice as they travel blindly through space. All the time heading through into the biggest space battles the universe has ever seen.
If they get home they will never be the same again.

Thank you, please go to here: http://www.makemymovie.co.nz/finalist/finalist-this-papier-mache-boulder-is-actually-really-heavy/ and 'like' it to vote.
makemymovie
Red Shirted Trekker

Re: Help me make a scifi movie

Postby kggf on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:41 pm

You might want to make the title...more smaller and memroble, something that will stick in the mind and easily marketable. still, it will be hard work not to make it look like a B move I always run into.
kggf
Owns a Genesis Device

Re: Help me make a scifi movie

Postby kggf on Wed May 22, 2013 10:04 pm

I guess this really never got anywhere???

Oh well.

Kggf
kggf
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to General