Site Post Ranks

Any problems, requests or comments regarding the site can go in here.

Postby Bassline on Wed May 05, 2004 10:18 pm

:lol: bring back spitting image...those where the days :mrgreen:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Bassline
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Wed May 05, 2004 10:38 pm

Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Target that explosion and FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Thu May 27, 2004 2:44 am

The Nexus or just Nexus

Klaatu Verrada Nicto

In the Matrix
Last edited by Blade Runner on Thu May 27, 2004 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Thu May 27, 2004 7:05 am

Blade Runner wrote:Klatu Verada Nicto

Ah yes, 3 of Jabba's Guards in RotJ. :twisted: Yes I know it's also from AoD, but RotJ came before it. But they're Klaatu, Barrada, & Nikto.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Thu May 27, 2004 11:46 am

mw2merc wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:Klaatu Verada Nicto

Ah yes, 3 of Jabba's Guards in RotJ. :twisted: Yes I know it's also from AoD, but RotJ came before it. But they're Klaatu, Barrada, & Nikto.

Its from Day the Earth stood still where Patricia Neal .... Helen Benson, had to say the 3 little words to Gort before he started on his rampage.

But Yours is the right spelling

Klaatu barada nikto!
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Thu May 27, 2004 5:08 pm

Blade Runner wrote:Its from Day the Earth stood still where Patricia Neal .... Helen Benson, had to say the 3 little words to Gort before he started on his rampage.

Yeah, I knew that one, just didn't put it down as it's older than most people, but I should've know better on this board. :D I just keep coming accross people who insist that started w/ AoD.

Blade Runner wrote:But Yours is the right spelling

Klaatu barada nikto!

I knew that too. :twisted:
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:40 pm

Post Ranks as they stand:
Code: Select all
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General --> Admin
Modding the Machine  --> Super Mod
Broken Cryotube --> Banned/deactivated
Bantha Poodoo!    --> 0 (lurker)
Red Shirted Trekker --> 1 (newbie)
Skutter -->    15
the Angry Klingon --> 25
Smeghead! --> 35
42? --> 42
Having trouble with tribbles --> 50
Owns a Genesis Record    --> 75
Owns a Genesis Device  --> 100
the Ninth Passenger   --> 500
Hacked the Mainframe --> 2000

Post counts reflect nothing but number of posts, experience, attitude, etc. is not reflected by these ranks, although if you have 2000 posts and you don't know where posts go then obviously... a :roll: is in order.

:)
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby d0c on Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:35 pm

we should have something on the 250 post and 1000 post.... its to long between not getting any new rank.... :roll:
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby maxpayne2409 on Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:45 pm

yeah i agree, how about

250 - Time Lords Assistant
750 - Member of The Earth Defence Directorate
1000 - Time Lord
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Location: Sliding To Different Worlds, Same Planet, Different Dimension

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 05, 2004 12:05 am

1000 - Time Lord

How about a gilliamesque style Time Bandit instead? :lol:

Yeah something good at 1000 is needed :) I'll have a think, suggestions for any welcome as always.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:22 am

well time loards/doctor who have been part of science fiction for a long time, and are still very popular today, so i think they should be mentioned somewhere, whereas time bandits were in one semi average film
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby Jynks on Sat Jun 05, 2004 5:46 am

I still think the top user rank should be from 2001

Star Child
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:00 pm

whereas time bandits were in one semi average film

Which if never existed, would never have allowed Gilliam to make on of the greatest films ever made.... Brazil :lol:

Anything even remotely connected to Brazil is cool :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:03 pm

ive never seen brazil so cant really comment, i was gonna watch it once when it was on tv but a friend told me it was a heavily butchered version so i didnt bother
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:36 pm

i was gonna watch it once when it was on tv but a friend told me it was a heavily butchered version so i didnt bother

THANK F*CK FOR THAT. Seriously, it is totally slaughtered... missing 40mins of one of the greatest films I have ever seen, and definitely one of my top ten.

You surely know the notourious backstory to the huge battle Gilliam (everyone's favourite American python) had with the studio executives in the states? To paraphrase it, basically two distributor's owned the rights, 20th Century Fox (the world) and Universal (US)... they both thought they had a 'LOTR' money spinner on their hands, but it turned out to be something artistically stunning, very deep, and very difficult to swallow (you *must* know what gilliam is like so it needs little explaination). Anyway, Terry cut the film, 20th Century Fox released their european/international cut of the film with no hassle (as the international audiences, especially in europe seem to take 'downer' films a lot better). When it came to the US cut, Universal refused to release such a downer... it was 'simply too hard on an american audience' i think was the line, and they wanted to cut it with a happy ending and a new begining. Gilliam refused ... yada... yada... yada... Universal took the project and gave it to an executive to butcher and make the most rediculous changes (they really hurt the film badly, it loses all of its power). So there was a huge battle between Gilliam and studio... and bizarrely, thx to Brazil being such an ace film, Gilliam won (it won loads of awards) :o

It makes the fincher vs. 20th Century fox saga look truely civilised :o

Anyway, the version your friend mentioned should be avoided at all costs... its good it exists, but it is not brazil... it only goes to show why Brazil is truely brilliant.

Performances on all parts are brilliant (I don't want to say its because its a 80% british veteren cast, but it really is)... Ian Holm, Jonathan Pryce, Michael Palin, Robert Deniro, Bob Hoskins etc. all of them put on first rate performances. Visually its the most striking thing you will see in cinema, and the content... well its so hard to define what the film is about and is so hard going its definitely not to everyones taste. Gilliam jokingly says they felt like they were cinematically raping people :lol: Getting their money to see a black comedy with 2 pythons, and ended up being hit with everything under the sun... and then the sun... and then some. If you love hard going movies as much as I do, then you'll love this.

Your friend really did save you from a truely butchered film. Grab it now! No excuses:
ed2k: brazil.cd1.[1985][dvdrip.xvid][ac3.2.0][android].avi  [700.98 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: brazil.cd2.[1985][dvdrip.xvid][ac3.2.0][android].avi  [699.34 Mb] [Stats]
and if you care about the struggle about getting the film out in the states:
ed2k: brazil.criterion.extras_the.battle.of.brazil.a.video.history_dvdrip.ac3.avi  [352.43 Mb] [Stats]
Which is quite appropriate because its one of the subject matters of the movie.

I forked out £31.99 for the "unavailable in the uk" Criterion box set (which includes both prints, to show how much they have changed) [got nabbed by customs too :( ]

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby maxpayne2409 on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:52 pm

ta for the links, clicked them now, ive wanted to see brazil but completely forgot about it after my mate told me not to watch it on tv, hope i enjoy it, yeha i know what gilliams like, ive seen a fair few of his films (personally though thought he was the worst python) my favourite python is michael palin

what you said about the american company just adds to my theory that american film companies are total smegheads, the same with police squad they cancelled it coz thy thought the jokes were too fast so american audiences wouldnt have time to get the joke before another one comes along, guess that explains friends then, all i can say is if americans need time to think about jokes they must be 99% thick as breezeblocks (board members excluded as they obviously have some knowledge it seems)
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby mitch-m on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:33 pm

Red Shirted Trekker
aint that star trek for cannon fodder :D
"You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life."
E,P.
mitch-m
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby maxpayne2409 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:34 pm

yes... BANG
maxpayne2409
Hacked the Mainframe

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:49 pm

yeah i figure if your in the red shirted trekker region then your at the point where there's a high chance that you never come back to the site :lol:
You'll get a different coat later :googley:

or as max said...
*bang* :mrgreen:
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby dinky on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:41 am

erm...while we're on it: ninth passenger?
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

PreviousNext

Return to Site Help & Development