This is Wilson Bryan Key's shocking book Media Sexploitation - The Hidden Implants in America's Mass Media (1976) where he vividly exposes how the media uses subliminal techniques to manipulate with our opinions and buying habits. Key is a professor of journalism and author of previous bestseller Subliminal seduction which started his quest for exposure of these little known but extremely widely used and powerful media methods to influence us. Many people have heard of existence of subliminal messages embedded into pictures, movies and music but few have ever seen such a detailed analysis of those clever methods as presented in this fascinating book. The author goes into unbelievable effort to dissect various pictures, scenes from TV ads and music lyrics to bring to surface some of the most intelligently hidden subliminals you'll ever see in your life. Read in amazement how the advertisment agencies will (ab)use every sexual taboo present in a society to attract our subconsciousness in order to make us buy the product being advertised. No psychological trick will be spared, even if it's incest, pedophilia, homosexuality or even necrophilia. Media sexploitation is one of those classic books which is sure to open your eyes as you'll finally see how we are constantly being "subed". Or is it "sexploitated"? In any case you are in for a shocking ride when you'll see how our wildest sexual fantasies are being embedded in just about everywhere inside various media presentations we encounter during our lives. 260 pages, many eye-opening pictures (all in the middle of the book). A must read for everyone.
From the backcover:
Because the media knows everything about your fantasies, fears and intimate habits - it knows how to manipulate your buying behaviour:
- How strategically placed candy ads remove worries about overweight
- How magazines like Playgirl and Viva, "intended" for women, are really appealing to men
- How cigarette ads make you stop fearing cancer
- How movies have devised new methods of torture for your pain and their profit
- How fashion ads lean toward latent lesbianism
- How popular rock music has succeeded in pushing drugs
- How news photos are doctored to mold your opinions
- How four-letter words are embedded into pictures of food and clothing to stir up sexual desire
How all this and much more is done to arouse and enslave you without your even suspecting it!
ed2k: Key.-.Media.Sexploitation.-.The.Hidden.Implants.in.America's.Mass.Media.(sublimin...ming).(1976).pdf [2.25 Mb] [Stats]
Please share this book with others, add links on other forums as I don't know many of them.