Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Dr. Strangelove (1964)

Postby <insert> on Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Dr. Strangelove
or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Arguably the greatest black comedy ever made, Stanley Kubrick's cold-war classic is the ultimate satire of the nuclear age. Dr. Strangelove is a perfect spoof of political and military insanity, beginning when General Jack D. Ripper (Sterling Hayden), a maniacal warrior obsessed with "the purity of precious bodily fluids," mounts his singular campaign against Communism by ordering a squadron of B-52 bombers to attack the Soviet Union. The Soviets counter the threat with a so- called "Doomsday Device," and the world hangs in the balance while the U.S. president (Peter Sellers) engages in hilarious hot-line negotiations with his Soviet counterpart. Sellers also plays a British military attaché and the mad bomb-maker Dr. Strangelove; George C. Scott is outrageously frantic as General Buck Turgidson, whose presidential advice consists mainly of panic and statistics about "acceptable losses." With dialogue ("You can't fight here! This is the war room!") and images (Slim Pickens's character riding the bomb to oblivion) that have become a part of our cultural vocabulary, Kubrick's film regularly appears on critics' lists of the all-time best.

IMDB Rating : 8.7/10
top 250: #15

AVI File Details
========================================
Name.........: hfdx-ds.avi
Filesize.....: 692 MB (or 708,800 KB or 725,811,200 bytes)
Runtime......: 01:34:47 (136,351 fr)
Video Codec..: XviD
Video Bitrate: 893 kb/s
Audio Codec..: 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
Audio Bitrate: 119 kb/s (59/ch, stereo) VBR LAME3.90.°
Frame Size...: 640x384 (1.67:1) [=5:3]
Language.....: English
Colour.......: Black & White

ed2k: hfdx-ds.avi  [692.19 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: hfdx-ds.nfo  [5.6 Kb] [Stats]

jackietreehorn wrote:[Video]
Codec: XVid
Runtime: 01:34:47
Resolution: 656x384
Bitrate: 989kbps
Framerate: 23.976

[Audio]
Codec: Mp3
Bitrate: Vbr

ed2k: Dr.Strangelove.1964.40th.Anniversary.iNT.DVDRip.XviD-NewMov.avi  [698.16 Mb] [Stats]

[Screenshots]

most sources on ed2k for the 40th Anniversary rip

[ Add all 3 links to your ed2k client ]
<insert>
The Ninth Passenger

Postby John_Doe on Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:24 am

hmm... When I saw this a few years ago I couldn't understand what was supposed to be funny about it, or why people cherished it so. Maybe I should take another look...
Ahh.. no offence, but you are a robot, aren't you?
John_Doe
The Ninth Passenger

Return to High Quality Section