The Last Starfighter (1984)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

The Last Starfighter (1984)

Postby jsac on Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:16 am

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087597/

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
At the time of its original release in 1984, this modestly budgeted sci-fi excursion had the distinction of offering some of the first examples of purely computer-generated animation, an apt (and frugal) special-effects solution for a movie with a plot line rooted in computer games. Both the computer-generated visuals and the arcade game now look quaint, but writer-director Nick Castle's affable, good- hearted adventure holds up nicely, thanks to a clever premise--the title game is actually a test for prospective starship pilots, planted by embattled aliens under siege from an evil invader. When a restless teenager (Lance Guest) racks up an impressive score, he finds himself spirited away to the besieged planet and thrust into the midst of an intergalactic war. Apart from Castle's skill at contrasting his extraterrestrial settings with the mundane details of his hero's earthbound life, the movie gets lift-off from two thorough pros, Robert Preston, who makes the alien recruiter, Centauri, a planet-hopping cousin to The Music Man's Harold Hill, and Dan O'Herlihy, the alien copilot, who suggests a scaly Walter Brennan. Older fans will snicker, but kids and young teens will find this rite of passage absorbing, while their folks will savor Preston's brash charm. --Sam Sutherland

Runtime: 101 min
Source: DVD
Video: XviD
Br: 1442 kb/s
x:y: 640x288 (2.22:1) [=20:9]
fps: 23.976

Audio: ac3 (0x2000) Dolby Laboratories, Inc
Br: 448 kb/s (6 ch) CBR
Fs: 48000 Hz

*To avoid whining from some ungratefuls (you know who u r), the crop was bad
by a hair on the bottom producing a VERY SLIGHT black border on the bottom which is
BARELY noticeable.* Other than that this rip is definitely HQ!

Enjoy another classic 80's.

ed2k: The.Last.Starfighter.1984.CD1.Dvdrip.Xvid.Ac3.6Ch.Jsac.avi  [699.52 Mb] [Stats]

ed2k: The.Last.Starfighter.1984.CD2.Dvdrip.Xvid.Ac3.6Ch.Jsac.avi  [700.91 Mb] [Stats]

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
jsac
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby TheIce_Man on Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:39 pm

cheers for that , i remember watching this when it came out, it was the first film to use computer graphics to the degree that it does, the story is pure cheese but worth a watch
TheIce_Man
Red Shirted Trekker

Postby mw2merc on Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:53 am

Looks good. I'll have to get this one. Have it on VHS, but ... Anychance of a sample?
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby jsac on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:27 am

sorry dude, i usually post screenshots as a form of sample so i dont have to bother spreading clips. i can assure you that the rip is HQ. just preview it once you have a bit of it downloaded.
l8r
jsac
Red Shirted Trekker

Return to High Quality Section