The Handmaid's Tale (1990)

Verified - Quality retail DVDRips. Xvid or DivX. If its non-retail, poorly mastered or if the rip is low-q, please post in low-q section. Lower quality DVD-rips may be moved to ensure high quality in this section. No VCDs or unverified releases in this section please.

Moderator: Movie Mods

Postby Gem]n[ on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:00 pm

IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099731/

PLOT:
Set in a Fascistic future America, The Handmaid's Tale tells the story of Kate, a handmaid. In this America, the religious right has taken over and gone hog-wild. Kate is a criminal, guilty of the crime of trying to escape from the US, and is sentenced to become a Handmaid. The job of a Handmaid is to bear the children of the man to whom she is assigned. After ruthless group training by Serena Joy in the proper way to behave, Kate is assigned as Handmaid to the Commander. Kate is attracted to Nick, the Commander's chauffeur. At the same time, a resistance movement begins to challenge the regime.

USER COMMENTS:
The Handmaid's Tale goes a long way to show just what could possibly happen if some religious establishment were to take control of the government. In the movie you can plainly see the horrific amount of mysoginy and mistreatment of women that was commonplace in times past and is prevalant in many societies today. I think that the overall concept of the movie is good, but I think that the presentation of it could have been better. The characters seemed to lack depth and like other comments I have read, the directing was horrible. I can understand that there must have been some difficulty in adapting Atwood's book to movie format since the original story is solely from the viewpoint of Offred (the handmaid). I can certainly see that the screenwriters tried to stick to one of Atwood's main points in the story of the mysoginy and facism of the group that had taken control. The movie shows the wisdom of keeping a strict separation of church and state.

VERIFIED ... good quality ... Widescreen ... source: DVD ...

VIDEO (GSPOT):
Codec : XviD
Bitrate : 1126 kbs
Size : 632x336
FPS : 23.976
NVOP : No
BVOP : Yes
QPEL: No

SOUND (GSPOT):
Codec : MP3
Bitrate : 128 kbs
Fs : 48000Hz

ED2K Link:
ed2k: [--].SF-----·-----(1990).The.Handmaid's.Tale(eng).avi  [978.89 Mb] [Stats]

SUBTITLES:
None

Cheers,

Gem

:D
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby Dilayla on Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:00 pm

thnx :D
Dilayla
Skutter

Return to High Quality Section