ST:Enterprise

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Postby Blade Runner on Thu May 20, 2004 11:50 pm

Yeah it was crap make up. I take it you havnt been paying attention to any of the previous storylines then :lol:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Fri May 21, 2004 12:02 am

well not so much paying attention as bothering to watch any episodes. I've seen 2 episodes in the past month or so, and both of them everyone was looking very grubby.

I don't really like ST that much. I prefer weirder, better written stuff or more 'realistic' characters. That doesn't mean I haven't seen most of the other series, I do watch stuff whether I like it or not.

However, enterprise is on at a 'prize place' slot and I don't even have a tv anymore (I use a really expensive monitor as a tv). So I'm not tuned in a lot of the time so why I've missed it.

However, there was a furry alien that sounded like Captain Sisko out of DS9 and there was these slimey reptiles that were trying to do over the c'ptin. The lass that melted was on a ship that looked like enterprise and they were trying to steal some snizzel so they could do over some aliens and change the future. I wasn't quite sure why, but it sounded like Mr Leap was off to have a chat with the underwater fishtank people (that were in the other episode I saw).

In that other episode there were these fish people, reptiles, these guys with cheap face putty and the sisko furry guys and I think they were talking about building or using a weapon that wasn't ready on earth.

I guess they used this doomsday device (??) and thats why future melted vulcan was all pissy.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Blade Runner on Fri May 21, 2004 12:08 am

Heeeheee

I'm gonna use that on an ST site :mrgreen:
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Fri May 21, 2004 3:25 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:isn't that a temporal paradox?

Do you think dorkhead Rick Berman & co care about any of that?

spudthedestroyer wrote:I did pick up something about a doomsday device being/about to be used on Earth or something rediculous that has never been mentioned in any other series making the whole thing ludicrous and pointless.

That's the point. :twisted:
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby mw2merc on Fri May 21, 2004 4:10 am

spudthedestroyer wrote:However, there was a furry alien that sounded like Captain Sisko out of DS9

Rick Worthy actually.

spudthedestroyer wrote:In that other episode there were these fish people, reptiles, these guys with cheap face putty and the sisko furry guys and I think they were talking about building or using a weapon that wasn't ready on earth.

I believe those are all called Xindi (Zin-Dee). Reptilian, Arboreal/Sloth (why they list this one as both?), Aquatic, Insectoid, & Humanoid. There was a 6th now extinct Xindi race known as Avians.

spudthedestroyer wrote:I guess they used this doomsday device

Not yet, but at the end of the ep, it disappeared.

OMFG!!! -=> T'Pol tells Reed at one point, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Ripped from Spock to Kirk in Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan.

And again!!! -=> As of Ep 54 "This is the first time we see an Enterprise crewman die." How can no crewman die in that many, especially in the 'Red-shirt' universe???

Geeze! Stop the pain!!! -=> Ep 64 - T'Pol states "Most mythology is based on fact", Spock said this in the TOS episode "The Way to Eden".

My eyes are bleeding!!! -=> Ep 68 - Phlox's line "I'm a physician, not an engineer" is an obvious reference to The Original Series, in which Dr. McCoy often complained that he was a doctor and not something else (ex: "I'm a doctor, not a mechanic."). T'Pol saying "Fascinating" is also a nod to TOS given that Mr. Spock often said the word.
When Phlox sees something on the hull of the ship, it is very similiar to Shatner's classic episode of The Twilight Zone, where he sees a creature on an airplane's wing during a flight.

I can't tell you how many times I came across "this episode is very similar to that of the a Deep Space Nine episode", or Voyager, or tNG, or ToS.

Are these writers really so strapped for ideas that they not only have to contradict ALL movies & series, but basically rewrite previously written episodes to fit this new PoS series.
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Sat May 22, 2004 3:41 pm

At least the series is picking up somewhat now and becoming more character driven than plot, lets hope they continue next season.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Sat May 22, 2004 3:46 pm

T'Pol is a hot vulcan

too bad without the makeup and acting she's awful the way she looks and talks (and giggles)
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Blade Runner on Sat May 22, 2004 4:16 pm

Jolene is my kinda woman cos she's a party animal and she dont give a shit about what others think of her.
Blade Runner
Modding the Machine

Postby Jim123 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:28 pm

I am a fan of all the series. Voyager was hard to follow sometimes with the not so good choice of a captain, but still worth watching. I think we expect to much from such a long running series, they all eventually run out of content, close down, start up again with a different name, redo the same episodes, change it a bit to look new (but the theme is the same) and repeat the cycle again.
Jim123
42?

Previous

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal