Starship Titanic!

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Starship Titanic!

Postby spudthedestroyer on Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:20 pm

... no, its not... and that's how I fealt too.

I had to run off to check if the bbc were doing a series of Starship Titanic but in my utter dissapointment it was just Dr Who... :(

Seems Dr. Who is ripping off our good friend Douglas with their xmas special...

I know there's a few who people out there so here's the screens.. for anyone who see's the advert over the coming weeks and thinks Starship Titanic, sorry but its not :( Crying shame really, i'd rather have that than a thousand whos.
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby dinky on Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:37 pm

that captain looks like both george gaines (commandant lasard) or walter matheau, and they're both dead :lol:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby MyK on Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:30 pm

OMFG that's awful. Childish [the new] dr. Who optimism in a chronically suicidal realm of Adams' universe. That's so f0cking lame. I don't see how it could work others than stinking one story or the other. Now if they did this with the old dr. Who it might even work but this is like if they remade Life of Brian for toddlers. Suicidal babies anyone? :evil:
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:08 pm

after the hitchhike movie might be good they didn't do starship titanic
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Gem]n[ on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:12 pm

dinky wrote:that captain looks like both george gaines (commandant lasard) or walter matheau, and they're both dead :lol:

It looks like Geoffrey Palmer (English actor/comedian) ... ang on I'll check ...

Yep ... I ain't bad with faces ... :mrgreen:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0658244/

Listed as Captain of Titanic ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal