Jumper (2008)

The place to discuss Movies, Music, Games, Literature. All Sci-fi releated discussions. Whether it's about favourite movies, movie quotes, movie news etc. Please try and stay on topic (off-topic banter to above section).

Moderator: General Mods

Jumper (2008)

Postby Gem]n[ on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:15 pm

This looks cool ... but the Director hasn't got much credit apart from the Bourne trilogy ... I might be being harsh though ... I reckon he's a Hereos fan though :mrgreen:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/jumpe ... edium.html
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby MyK on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:37 am

Interesting ;) I got this deja vu feeling but can't place this concept anywhere... might have been a book, comic book, short story, or some old movie... Anyone's memory any better than mine (that's like of that guy from Memento ATM)?
"The products suck! There's no sex in them anymore!" (Steve Jobs)
MyK
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Gem]n[ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:46 am

A novel by Steven Gould ... bit more info here:

http://www.flixlog.com/2007/11/10/jumpe ... ntury-fox/
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Re: Jumper (2008)

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:28 am

Gem]n[ wrote:the Director hasn't got much credit apart from the Bourne trilogy

:o

you kidding? Doug Liman has been a hermit. believe me; he has jobs if he wants them. swingers was an indie darling. go was a well received follow-up in the Pulp Fiction era. He's only responsible for the first, and best, Bourne movie. I'd have to say mr. & mrs. smith was the only sub par movie, and for being a star-driven vehicle, it's pretty good.

I'm skeptical about jumper. I liked blade for being what it was. and I loved batman begins, but the other two blade movies were shit. and the last one (written and directed by Goyer) was complete shit (could've been stv and I wouldn't have noticed). It will be interesting to see what happens here. Liman was clearly overwhelmed by Pitt and Jollie, but if he can reign-in Goyer's script and samuel l. jackson's predilection to over-act, it could be really good. premise is "new" enough to be interesting.
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Gem]n[ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Sorry Dinky didn't mean to stir you up ... I did say I was probably being harsh :mrgreen: ...

I am a great Bourne fan that's why I did give him that credit ... forgot about GO though ... but the Smith's were a pile of Sh!te ... that could've been great ...

I hope he does good on this cos this HASN'T been done before (in a movie) ... but there will be loads following the concept ... just like the terminators, the star wars, etc, etc ... :beerchug:
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby dinky on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:29 pm

Gem]n[ wrote:but the Smith's were a pile of Sh!te

yeah. I was a bit bummed about that too. they got into the sporting goods store for the "big climax" and I was like "that's it? man, that's anticlimactic."

I should think any sequels would be closer to robocop or (worse) time cop or universal soldier rather than terminator or star wars though. :wacky:
Life ducks, and you sigh.
dinky
"Beyond Simple"

Postby Gem]n[ on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:54 am

Sorry ... what I meant by Terminator & Star Wars was that they both had loads of clones following them ... hence this film concept will have clones of Teleportation movies too ... NOT actually those 2 franchise films having Teleportation in them themselves ...
Gem]n[
Owns a Genesis Device

Return to Sci-fi Fanatics Cabal