Major Starwars Update about to come - Advise please

Sci-fi related and off-topic banter can go here. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions

Moderator: General Mods

Major Starwars Update about to come - Advise please

Postby Jynks on Tue May 11, 2004 6:15 am

My mate in Taronto has fin sent me the VCD version of Starwars Holiday Special I used to have.. this version while still crap quality is by far the BEST version I have seen around... it is currently a 2CD VCD. I am going to re-release this onto Emule...

Q:- Should I convert it into a avi or release it as the 2 CD VCD in a single rar file pack?

I am also going to release a home made DVD-R to add to the "original series dvd-r packadge" That will have the Special Features disk of that lazer disk set, thumbwars, hardware wars and the holiday special.

I'm making this DVD-r for myself but figure other swar head will want a copy of it.

Q. So the last thing I need is dose anyone have or know of a HIGH res version of TROOPS? I can only find the mov versions around and they are crap qual to beging with.

Q. Dose anyone know how to RIP the high rez MOV files from the BEHIND THE MAGIC cdrom set? This set has some sweet old footage still on the cutting room floor that didn't make it into the New Hope SE. I can find a lot of version of these on the net but they have all been downsampled.... the behind the magic cdrom has all the movs embeded in a big pak kinda file (like a wad or somthing) Mabey there is a way of dubbing from the screen into a new file or saomthing???

I'll be adding what ever I do to teh Swar thread along with the Ewok Flicks posted in this forum.

Also be adding these

ed2k: Star.Wars.Behind.The.Magic.CD02.ace  [655.17 Mb] [Stats]
ed2k: Star.Wars.Behind.The.Magic.CD01.ace  [647.29 Mb] [Stats]

This is a interactive encyclopedia of starwars stuff and contains a load of rare as footage from the original series that I can not seam to find anywhere.... if ANYONE has any idea how to rip these mov files from the data files on these cd's please contact me asap.

[ Add all 2 links to your ed2k client ]
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby spudthedestroyer on Tue May 11, 2004 1:47 pm

Q:- Should I convert it into a avi or release it as the 2 CD VCD in a single rar file pack?

2cd vcd = 1cd xvid re-encode ;)

Q. So the last thing I need is dose anyone have or know of a HIGH res version of TROOPS? I can only find the mov versions around and they are crap qual to beging with.

I heard at one point it was going to be released on the Star Wars DVDs, but I think that fizzled out. However, it was released on the front of a DVD magazine in the states, so technically, there is a "DVD version".

Q. Dose anyone know how to RIP the high rez MOV files from the BEHIND THE MAGIC cdrom set? This set has some sweet old footage still on the cutting room floor that didn't make it into the New Hope SE. I can find a lot of version of these on the net but they have all been downsampled.... the behind the magic cdrom has all the movs embeded in a big pak kinda file (like a wad or somthing) Mabey there is a way of dubbing from the screen into a new file or saomthing???

Nope, but you've posted the cds themselves so there's no real reason to

*moved to general*
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer
Rear Admiral Lieutenant General

Postby Jynks on Tue May 11, 2004 3:08 pm

Well, if I can I kinda want to so I can put those other behind the magic cd;s on this dvd-r I am making.

To compare (yes I know they arn't exact frames but you get the point and I left the outside of the vdub windows so you can see the letter boxing on the old versions)

Also this version has this cool News report about the Nurton Bomb and a CIA operative captured for selling US secrets to the ruskies.

The only problem with this vcd version is that there is a slight sound sync problem.... anyone got any ideas on how to fix that?
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Re: Major Starwars Update about to come - Advise please

Postby mw2merc on Tue May 11, 2004 5:44 pm

Jynks wrote:Q:- Should I convert it into a avi or release it as the 2 CD VCD in a single rar file pack?

Convert/join it to 1 AVI. I'd prefer DivX over XviD.

Jynks wrote:I am also going to release a home made DVD-R to add to the "original series dvd-r packadge" That will have the Special Features disk of that lazer disk set, thumbwars, hardware wars and the holiday special. I'm making this DVD-r for myself but figure other swar head will want a copy of it.

Depends on what all it has. I have most that already myself, so I wouldn't DL it unless it's all better than what I do have.

Jynks wrote:Q. So the last thing I need is dose anyone have or know of a HIGH res version of TROOPS? I can only find the mov versions around and they are crap qual to beging with.

I'll look into my misc SW CDs & see what res I have.

spudthedestroyer wrote:However, it was released on the front of a DVD magazine in the states, so technically, there is a "DVD version".

Never heard of the DVD release. Know what mag it was attached to?

Jynks wrote:Q. Dose anyone know how to RIP the high rez MOV files from the BEHIND THE MAGIC cdrom set? This set has some sweet old footage still on the cutting room floor that didn't make it into the New Hope SE. I can find a lot of version of these on the net but they have all been downsampled.... the behind the magic cdrom has all the movs embeded in a big pak kinda file (like a wad or somthing) Mabey there is a way of dubbing from the screen into a new file or saomthing???

I'll be adding what ever I do to teh Swar thread along with the Ewok Flicks posted in this forum.

This is a interactive encyclopedia of starwars stuff and contains a load of rare as footage from the original series that I can not seam to find anywhere.... if ANYONE has any idea how to rip these mov files from the data files on these cd's please contact me asap.

I'll check the BtM CDs I have. I think I have another one most don't have. I'll list that when I dig it out. I'll see if I can extract/manipulate the MOVs into a usable format & let you know.

What Swar thread?
"I put the KILL, in SKILL!!!"
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby O.G.N.A.N.O. on Tue May 11, 2004 6:53 pm

:o Woooooooooooooootttt :o

Look ! Who's under Leila's dress !?!? :mrgreen:
O.G.N.A.N.O.
Owns a Genesis Device

Postby d0c on Tue May 11, 2004 10:26 pm

gimme!!!!!!!! dvdr!!!!!!!!!
d0c
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Tue May 11, 2004 11:22 pm

Starwars Collection @ ScifiDonkey

Well avi release it tis then... I normaly only do em as XviD... goign to be wierd trying to figure out how good to do the avi so it isn't oversized for the content.

I'll check the BtM CDs I have. I think I have another one most don't have. I'll list that when I dig it out. I'll see if I can extract/manipulate the MOVs into a usable format & let you know.

Please do mate, and what is this other cd you are talking about?

Look ! Who's under Leila's dress !?!?

Hmmm... under lai's dress!! ?<drool>
<---------- Top 20 Scifi Captians -------->
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Wed May 12, 2004 2:02 am

O.G.N.A.N.O. wrote:Look ! Who's under Leila's dress !?!? :mrgreen:

Who's Leila's?

Jynks wrote:Please do mate, and what is this other cd you are talking about?

It's another BtM CD. Like I said, let me dig it out. I first have to find them all.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Fri May 14, 2004 2:39 am

Found a guy with a even better copy but he will not trade as he is a fucker!!!

He also has the Donny and Marie show with the disco dancing stormtroopers as well... has a big sign on his site saying "Please help and send in your videos" but will not mail out of fans himself... wat a fucker!!!

Listenb to this fuckwhit!!!
"Your plan to release free onto the internet such hard to find and valuable footage will only make our own collections, witch we have worked so hard on, seam less. Why would I want to help you allow everyone access to what only the few and true fans should have."

And the nerve to have a this written on his site.
HELP ME!!!
I need your assistance so I can continue to bring classic moments like these to the you. I need your video.

I was thinking dose anyone have a good media cleaner I can put the VCD though before I DVD-r it? I don not know the name of any.

Also got a high res copy of troopers.
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby El Mariachi on Sat May 22, 2004 9:33 am

Jynks wrote:Image

Found a guy with a even better copy but he will not trade as he is a fucker!!!

it sounds funny the way you say it, but yes, he's a fkr.

:matrix:
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby El Mariachi on Sat May 22, 2004 9:45 am

these guys seem to have a DVD, question is, what's the quality of this DVD

http://www.revok.com/searchall.php?cur= ... &type=atoz
"Spectacular stunt my friends, but all for not... turn around please, what a pity what a pity." - gay officer in Spaceballs
"It has zombies in it, how can you not give a crap?" - Spud
El Mariachi
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Sat May 22, 2004 10:52 am

I havn't forgoten this just chacing up a lead on the Donny and Marie Special with the disco dancing storm troopers.....
1: Capt. Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds 2: Captian Kirk 3: Capt. Matthew Gideon 4: Han Solo 5: Capt. Janeway 6: Admiral William Adama 7: Capt Jean-Luc Picard 8: Dr. Hans Reinhardt 9 Freeman Lowell 10 Zaphod Beeblebrox 11 Capt. Dallas 12 Cpatian Sheredon 13 David Bowmen 14 Admiral Ackbar 15 Capt Begimum Sisko 16 Turanga Leela 17 Capt. McCrea 18 Susumu Kodai 19 Flash Gorden 20 Commander J. J. Adams And the Wrost Capt. Carmen Ibanez
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby Jynks on Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:12 am

Well I have run into yet another problem.. DVDlab the app I have been using seam to spak out when I try to make the dvd, at the moment it is like 11ish GB and I was then going to use dvd rebuilder to resizze it (i made akll the encodes oversized on purpous, that way I could use dvdrebuilder to compress to dvdr size and not have to worrie about alll the zillions of steps nessacary in encoding all the files to fit myself.)

Problem is that DVDlab 1.3 just stops compiling at 8.3ish GB for some reason.. the menus are all there, the slide shows are all there and most of the video files are there but the rest is just missing, so I clikc on the menu item and nothing happens........

Anyone have any idea how to get DVDlab to build to oversized dvd size?

And if not anyone have a good dvd authgoring app to recommend.... one with support for auto switch menus please. (pref one that can load a dvdlab project!!!)
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:29 pm

Try the 1.4 beta1 or beta3 updates. I put 1.4b1 on my buddies comp & he likes it. Be WARNED, these are BETA. So there's probably several bugs.

It is supposed to support:
Multiple VTS
Subtitles
Mix aspect ratios
Integrated Scripting
VM command sequence
Play, Counter, Random lists
Movie Branching
Audio-Only Track
Number of Movies ( 99 x 99 )
Number of Menus ( 99 x 250 )
Audio Streams ( 8 )
Subtitles ( 8 )

*Release date of Pro is planned in June-July.

DVD-lab v1.3*
DVD-lab v1.4b1
DVD-lab v1.4b2
DVD-lab v1.4b3
DVD-lab v1.4b4 If you dare!

Let us know if beta1 or beta3 works for you. I suggest not using beta2, and definately not beta4 (b1 I know keeps it regged, while b4 is DEMO ONLY). Otherwise, try Sonic Scenarist. Site says v3.0.1 is the newest.
Last edited by mw2merc on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:37 pm

is it a quality program then I take it? What are the best / professional market leaders?

I don't bother with much re-encoding to DVDr, but I suppose next time I do a sky/vhs cap...
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:48 pm

Sonic Scenarist is "Industry Standard" for DVD production. The author of DVD-lab made it basically as Scenarist Lite. So it looks & acts the same. So if you get into DVD-lab, you can make the easy jump into Scenarist.
Last edited by mw2merc on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby spudthedestroyer on Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:57 pm

I take it they are quite complicated then?
ImageImage
ImageImage
spudthedestroyer

Postby mw2merc on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:04 pm

Yes and no. There are some good, easy to follow guides out there. Search VideoHelp.com & Doom9.org.

Here's a link to 'The Scenarist Survival Guide in 24 hours'.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Postby Jynks on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:54 am

So if you get into DVD-lab, you can make the easy jump into Scenarist.

COOL... I'll check it out.... I just got DVDlabPRO dose that support VST as well?

I take it they are quite complicated then?

DVDlab is the best I hhave found.. piss easy to use spud if you can do this www site then dvd menus will be no problem. The encoder in it is crap though so use CCE or TMP to do the coding.... for example took me one day to make the starwars meuns I am doing... all motion menus, backgrn music + intro music + button clicks + auto swicth menus.... Used all production stills and film cuts for the menus. I cut back a bit after I played around to save disk space but you get the idea!!

@mw2merc 1.4 has a bug were it can not load PCM wav files... though I heard there is a fix for it, but havn't looked.... will try this serenest thing.. havn't heard of it myself....
Jynks
Modding the Machine

Postby mw2merc on Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:45 am

Jynks wrote:COOL... I'll check it out.... I just got DVDlabPRO dose that support VST as well?

What beta are you using? 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Jynks wrote:1.4 has a bug were it can not load PCM wav files... though I heard there is a fix for it, but havn't looked.... will try this serenest thing.. havn't heard of it myself....

Can't load PCM files? That blows. Since I haven't/can't play w/ it, can it load MP3 or AC3 files, or just MP2? Never heard of Sonic Scenarist? Holy cow! Well, now you have. Check it out.
"faecs occurrere"
"Better you, than me!"
mw2merc
The Ninth Passenger

Next

Return to General